Dear Event Hawk Customers,
There are important changes coming that will effect the way you text your customers through applications like Event Hawk. Please follow the instructions on this page so that we can help protect your business from legal issues and from any interruptions in how you communicate with your customers.
What’s going on
Application-to-Person (A2P) 10DLC is a new messaging protocol that has been introduced by major wireless carriers (such as AT&T and T-Mobile) to improve the messaging experience for end-users. The FCC has mandated that all businesses using messaging must comply with the new A2P 10DLC standards and register their phone numbers with a registered A2P service provider, such as Twilio. This requirement is intended to prevent spam and fraud in text messaging and to ensure the integrity of the messaging ecosystem.
- Compliance with A2P 10 DLC is NOT OPTIONAL
Benefits of A2P 10 DLC
Once your application is approved, you can expect the following benefits:
- Better text message deliverability.
- When you call customers it’s less likely to say SPAM LIKELY.
- This will help protect you from any potential legal issues from customers claiming you are messaging/calling without their consent.
What you need to do
To simplify the process, we will take care of registering your business once you’ve submitted the required info (see below). We’re also updating your Event Hawk account to ensure compliance, such as including clear opt-out language (reply STOP to stop future communications, etc.).
- Submit the A2P 10DLC registration form to register your business to your Event Hawk phone number.
- Check your Event Hawk coupon form, auto text, and auto email as some customizations may have been reset. You may need to add back some customizations to automated texts such as the name of your alias (defaults to your name when the message says “Hey CUSTOMER this is YOUR NAME from YOUR COMPANY).
There are multiple fees associated with this process including monthly fees and one time processing fees.
- Monthly SMS campaign fee: Approximately $1/month
The monthly SMS campaign fee (approximately $1) will be billed with your texting fees. We tried to find a workaround where we would cover this fee but it has to be charged out of the Event Hawk account associated with the phone number.
- One-time A2P Brand Registration Fee: $99 (we are covering this fee for existing customers)
For all existing Event Hawk customers, we’ll be covering the $99 brand registration fee so the only change you should see is the $1/month SMS campaign fee (billed through your texting fees).
What happens next
Once you submit the form we will begin working on registering your business for A2P. This process takes a while but should keep you in compliance as well as increase text message delivery rates and phone call answer rates since your business will be registered as the caller ID (less likely to show SPAM LIKELY when calling customers).
Registering your phone number is crucial for maintaining the quality of your messaging campaigns and ensuring compliance with A2P 10DLC regulations. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this process, please text us at (708) 401-6465.
Event Hawk Founder